Friday, 16 November 2012

Hate is a strong word, but I hold a vast amount of contempt for female pop artists these days. I'm sure history hath spat out a large number of them that lower the bar for women everywhere, but these are the ones I've grown up to know, and hate. Sorry. Hold contempt for.
Katy Perry; a shame, actually quite liked her at first, a quirky, adorable and original singer/songwriter with a whimsical sense of style. However she turned into a vapid unoriginal sell out, not because she became succesful, but because it's painfully obvious she no longer writers her own songs, and has become a bit of a one trick pony, in the sense that she's only been able to market herself with one distinct style, and it's getting old, she has no versatility, no originality, did I say that already? Fuck I don't care.

Rihanna; (btw my grammar is probably atrocious and I do apologize for that) a  run of the mill young r n b star turned super edgy teen/young adult icon who clearly "don't give a fuck" about nothing. Donning the latest of the late fashion trends, in hopes that it'll make her appear cutting edge, getting rid of her redonculous curves, and flashing about her scrawny body whilst marketing marijuana, bdsm and alcoholism to children, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with any of those things, if you're old enough to act responsibly with them. Now she looks like a cheap, drugged up prostitute who, I get that she probably does write her own songs, but still claims that they make her "break down in tears" when she sings them, really RiRi? Does "singing" about sado masochism and how you wish your man would treat you like a fucking princess, or how you're tough shit, make you all misty eyed? Thought not.

I'm sure there are more that get on my tits but I'm too buzzed to focus on it right now, will probs add to this later, being the cynical cunt that I am yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment